The house was built in 1929, later in 1931 has even added Jacobsen studio wing. The building was restored by Realea A/S 2006-07
The villa with extensions was built in 1929 and 1931 after plans by Arne Jacobsen as his private home. The house is his first example of a building inspired by the international functionalism. At the same time the house represents two widely different ways of structuring a building within the same architectural style. The original house from 1929 with two stories and a rooftop terrace is in its basic structure built as a traditional brick building. In 1931, a studio wing was added to the building containing a garage and a joint greenhouse. This extension was built solely as a reinforced concrete structure. Arne Jacobsen (1902-1971) made a strong and personal mark on Danish architecture and design through his many different works from buildings to furniture and handicrafts. Characteristically for him, several of his buildings down to the very smallest detail were equipped with designs by his own hand. Today the house is let out and functions both as a private home and a studio.